get involved and stay informed
KEEP IN TOUCH
Being active in your Teamsters Local Union 938 membership is important to keeping our union strong.
Looking for ideas to stay involved and informed?
- ATTEND REGULAR MEETINGS OF YOUR BARGAINING UNIT
- SIT ON A COMMITTEE
- HELP OUT WITH OUR CHARITY CAMPAIGNS
- REFER A FRIEND TO TALK TO US ABOUT ORGANIZING IN THEIR WORKPLACE
- ATTEND OUR SPECIAL EVENTS
- LEARN MORE ABOUT BECOMING A SHOP STEWARD
GET YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
WE'RE HERE FOR YOU
Need to talk? Have an idea? Wondering what’s new with Teamsters Local Union 938?
Need advice from your Business Agent? We’re listening.
Contact your Business Agent today by calling our main number at 905-502-0062.
Thinking of filing a grievance? Talk to your Shop Steward first. Shop Steward information can be found on your Teamsters Board at your place of work.
BECOME A SHOP STEWARD
FOR YOUR UNION
Shop Stewards are absolutely essential to the Union. They are the representatives for the union on the job and leaders in their workplace. When an employee has an issue with their supervisor, the Shop Steward is the first point of contact.
SHOP STEWARDS MUST BE:
- PREPARED TO COMPLETE THE NECESSARY TRAINING FOR THE ROLE
- READY TO ASSIST OTHER MEMBERS WHEN ISSUES ARISE
- REPRESENTATIVES OF THE UNION IN THEIR WORKPLACE
- ENTHUSIASTIC, APPROACHABLE AND WELCOMING TO NEW MEMBERS
- COMMITTED TO FINDING THE FACTS IN EVERY CIRCUMSTANCE
- SUPPORTERS OF THE LABOUR MOVEMENT
- OPEN TO ASSISTANCE AND REGULAR COMMUNICATION WITH BUSINESS AGENTS
- READY TO SPEAK UP FOR THEIR FELLOW MEMBERS
- VIGILANT AGAINST UNFAIRNESS AT WORK, BOTH FOR THE EMPLOYEES AND THE EMPLOYER